Dissertation Writing Boot Camp (in person)
January 29, 2024 @ 9:00 am - February 2, 2024 @ 12:30 pm
A week-long opportunity for students currently writing dissertations to set writing goals, practice disciplined writing habits, learn new strategies and connect with other dissertation writers.
What do participants do each day?
- Set SMART goals for the week before the camp begins and post those goals publicly.
- Arrive physically or virtually a few minutes before their camp begins.
- Spend a few minutes meeting other campers in discussing goals and plans for the day.
- Experiment with the daily writing strategy or explore a resource shared by a Writing Center staff member.
- Enjoy several blocks of uninterrupted writing time.
- Review and update their writing goals for the week.
- Spend a longer time at the end of each writing period reflecting on the process and developing a supportive community of peers.
*Please note—to protect your writing time, full attendance will be required. Please arrange coverage for other things so you can devote yourself to your dissertation for the boot camp time.
Register for in-person camp (first-time in-person participants). Returners, email Gigi Taylor to be added to the waitlist. You’ll be notified on January 22.