- This event has passed.
Investing 101 for Graduate Students
April 23, 2014 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This session will cover topics to help graduate students make better investment decisions for now and for the future; both in personal and retirement accounts. Topics will include:
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- Understanding categories of mutual funds
- Various types of retirement plans: IRA, ROTH, 401(k), 403(b) etc.
- Establishing an investment objective
- How to find a financial adviser
- Research sources
- How to open an investment account
- Retirement planning
Facilitated by: Richard Blankenship (Franklin Street Partners) and Creighton Blackwell (Coastal Federal Credit Union)